LNST Would Like To Welcome You Back For Our 2021 Season!
TOP 10 Things to know about LN Swim Team!
- You must be a member of LNSRC to swim on the swim team.
- Register before June 1st or the rate goes up after that!
- You must be 4 by June 15th to swim on the team.
- Swimmers must listen to the coaches, follow the rules, and be able to swim the length of the pool safely. This is up to the coach's judgment. We want everyone to be safe and to have a great experience.
- Every family must complete 3 volunteer shifts during the regular season and 1 additional shift if you have a swimmer in championships.
- If you want a Little Neck swim team suit or cap, please contact Aquawear at 757-461-8552.
- Psyche Buddies are back. Information will be updated soon!
- We will have 5 meets this season.
- Parents will be able to choose their child’s practice time via Sign-up Genius.
- 10. Your swim portal link: https://swimportal.active.com?a=284149704
Minimum Requirements to Participate
- Participants must be members of LNSRC in good standing.
- Minimum age for participation is 4 years old as of Memorial Day. 4 year old swimmers will only be accepted to the team if they have the necessary maturity and ability to pay attention to instruction for a 45 minute practice session.
- Swimmers 8 years old and younger must be able to swim the full length of the competition pool and be able to tread water for one minute.
- New swimmers to LNST 8 years old and younger will be evaluated on the first days of practice to determine if they are ready to participate on the team.
- Swimmers who are not able to join the team at the beginning of the season because they are not able to pass the minimum requirements may join at any point later in the season when they can demonstrate that they can meet the requirements.
- Parents/Guardians are required to fill volunteer positions as established by the Swim Team committee. Each family is required to commit to 4 shifts per season. Failure to follow through with these shifts will result in a $50 fine per shift, and the balance must be paid before my swimmer can register for the following season.